New To Early Years
In this 90 minute webinar I shared my ‘top 10 essential things to know’ about working in The Early Years, using lots of examples from current practice as well as ideas and advice from Early Years practitioners I’ve worked with from all over the world.
We looked at…
- Early Years Foundation Stage in a nutshell - what is it and why is it different?
- Play as a vehicle for learning, not just what you do when you have finished your ‘work’!
- Language and Jargon (EYFS, GLD, AOP, CP, ECP…. and many more)
- Areas of Learning and Areas of Provision
- Continuous Provision - what is it and when does it happen?
- The Environment (does everything really have to be covered in hessian and plastic ivy?)
- The role of the adult outside direct teaching
- Any questions you might have
I’m so pleased to be able to say that the new home for my online courses is here on Early Years TV – hosted by my good friend Kathy Brodie.
Early Years TV is a brilliant site – with a free Early Years video every week, a back catalogue of hundreds of amazing interviews, and a growing collection of excellent masterclasses.
To purchase this course (and to have a look at all the other wonderful courses Early Years TV have to offer), click the button below.