ABC Bitesize - Effective Outdoor Play in Early Years
ABC Bitesize are a series of half day courses looking at aspects of Early Years practice. They many be small in size, but they will be packed with all sorts of practical ideas, theory and examples of practice.
This half day course is intended for all Early Years practitioners and will provide practical ideas for planning and provision which develop quality play and learning outside, encompassing all of the ‘characteristics of effective learning’.
The course will support you in being able to plan a highly stimulating environment with child-accessible resources that promote learning and challenge
Participants will explore how the outdoor area can be used creatively to develop all the prime and the specific areas of learning, particularly communication and language, reading and writing.
During the day we will look at
- the importance of using the outdoor learning environment and its impact on well-being and learning
- engagement and attainment regardless of your space
- risk management (for adults and children)
- planning for outdoor learning
- how effective use of the outdoors can ensure that children are developing the characteristics of effective learning
- the concept of active learning in an outdoor space
- how we can encourage children to use their higher order thinking skills to be creative and critical thinkers
- lots of examples of effective outdoor provision
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the principles that underpin effective outdoor learning
- Find out how to plan for and create an outdoor space with impact
- Have the opportunity to look at the role of the adult in facilitating effective learning outdoors
- Discuss the benefits of risk and strategies for effective risk management
- Leave feeling inspired with a bank of ideas to try!
Who Should Attend?
- Head Teachers
- Members of Senior Leadership Team
- Middle Leaders
- Early Years Coordinators
- Early Years Practitioners
- Early Years Support Staff
- Advisory Teachers
- Cost per person £80 (+VAT)
- Concessionary rate for self funding students, childminders and playgroups £60 (+VAT)
Invoices will be sent to the email address provided on the booking form approximately six weeks before the event.
How to Book
If you would like to come along to any of our conferences you can book your place(s) via our online booking form. If you have any questions about our conferences or booking please email Mark at ...
It will be great to see you there. Alistair.