ABC Bite Size - Continuous Provision
ABC Bitesize are a series of half day courses looking at aspects of Early Years Practice. They may be small in size, but they will be packed with all sorts of practical ideas, theory and examples of practice.
Well planned Continuous Provision can be an absolute gift when it comes to raising the attainment of children through active learning and high-level engagement.
When children are secure, happy and engaged they have the most potential to learn. Play in Continuous Provision is by far the best vehicle to achieve all of those things.
Continuous Provision is not just the resources that you have out all of the time. The purpose of Continuous Provision is to support adults in their observations and interactions with children and:
'to continue the provision for learning in the absence of an adult.'
If the provision is not planned, enhanced, observed and evaluated then it is likely that the children will choose familiar tasks and rehearse familiar skills that often don't lead to learning.
During the session we will look at
- How to create a play-based environment for Continuous Provision
- How to ensure that Areas of Provision support children's needs
- How to effectively resource Areas of Provision for skill development
- Planning for Continuous Provision
- The Role of the Adult in supporting children's learning through play
Who Should Attend?
- Early Years Practitioners
- Senior Leaders
- 4th Dec 2019 – London (1pm – 4pm) – etc.venues, Victoria *SOLD OUT*
- Cost per person £80 (+VAT)
- Concessionary rate for self funding students, childminders and playgroups £60 (+VAT)
Invoices will be sent to the email address provided on the booking form approximately six weeks before the event.
How to Book
If you would like to come along to any of our conferences you can book your place(s) via our online booking form. If you have any questions about our conferences or booking please email Mark at ...
It will be great to see you there. Alistair.