Not all boys are the same, but many display common characteristics that can challenge the way they are encouraged to learn and behave in the Early Years.
During this training session I will be looking at some of the science and psychology around the development of boys and the role adults can play in using this information to create an environment that enables learning.
High level engagement will maximise the potential for high levels of well-being and attainment. How do we ensure that we make this a reality for all of the children that we work and play with?
During the day we will look at
- How different are boys and girls?
- Social and Emotional development and its impact on play behaviours
- An environment to support learning and engagement
- Play as a vehicle for learning
- Planning for Continuous Provision
- The role of the adult in understanding and supporting different types of play
- Super hero and weapon play and its place in our learning spaces
- Creating an environment for all children
Benefits of Attending
- Have the opportunity to reflect on your current practice
- Take time to reflect on some of the current thinking around the development of boys and girls
- Take away strategies for planning an environment and learning opportunities that link to play and learning
- Strengthen your knowledge around the role of the adult in supporting play as a vehicle for learning
- Time to discuss some practical examples of successful strategies from a range of Early Years Settings
Who Should Attend?
- Head Teachers
- Members of Senior Leadership Team
- Middle Leaders
- Early Years Coordinators
- Early Years Practitioners
- Early Years Support Staff
- Advisory Teachers
- Cost per person £185 (+VAT)
- Group bookings of 10 or more people £149 (+VAT) per person
- Concessionary rate for self funding students, childminders and playgroups £99 (+VAT)
Invoices will be sent to the email address provided on the booking form approximately six weeks before the event.
How to Book
If you would like to come along to any of our conferences you can book your place(s) via our online booking form. If you have any questions about our conferences or booking please email Mark at ...
It will be great to see you there. Alistair.